Thursday, April 4, 2013

Wrestling Obscurity: Johnny Curtis promos

Johnny Curtis has not faded into obscurity...yet. He does have a match against Jericho at WM this year. But now he goes by the name of Fandango. THAT's a topic for another day. But I do think that alot of people have forgotten Johnny's promos. Which were some of the worst, corniest, stupidiest promos ever. I think that was supposed to be the point. But the joke was lost on me. It could have been entertaining, but honestly I was confused. I did enjoy the irony, but irony isn't always funny or entertaining. Example, one promo involved dear Johnny picking 2 out of 3 condements. He chose kethcup and mayo. But not mustard, becuase mustard doesn't cut it. Get it? It's a play on words. hahaha.....what the hell? Another promo Johnny boy poored (spilled) milk over his head, but he didn't cry. A "Don't cry over spilled milk" gag. Once again not funny, just strange. Thankfully Johnny has moved on to...FAN-DAN-GO. Which is better....I think? But not by much.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OwyRc8eJaZo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e1EqbJYQd0g

No comments:

Post a Comment