Sunday, January 27, 2013

Terri's Thoughts on the Rumble

The Royal Rumble is my favorite pay per view of the entire year. Yes, even moreso than Wrestlemania. I love the Mania fanfare but the Rumble has a certain mystique that I just love. It's always cool to see who returns or comes out of retirement or whatever. I mean obviously thats not gonna be your Rumble winner per se but it is exciting. Example? When Diesel returned. Yes, I knew there was no way he was gonna when it but it was good to see him (especially face) AND the pop from the crowd was A-MA-ZING!

Of course they have the usual 6 throw away spots of people who even in a shocker wouldn't have a snowballs chance in hell of winning but they are always there anyway. Example? Any diva, anyone over 40 and any super low midcard like say Yoshi. Oh and there is bound to be someone from the commentators desk to rise up around number 16 or so.

WWE writing hasn't been the best lately. I feel like they hired some discarded TNA writers or something. (But yes I watch both companies.) But it would be super awesome if they pulled an Austin Aries, meaning pushing a mid-card guy to the top in an unexpected victory. My vote would be Kofi. LOVE HIM!!

Now for the CM Punk v Rock match....................total shenanigans. I dislike both of them (well right now....I've liked them both in the past but I dislike them both now for differing reasons) but I'd be disappointed if Punk dropped a belt he's had literally over 400 days to a person who literally has come to work for less than 30 days. I still don't even think it makes sense for the Rock to even have a title match. Headlining last Wrestlemania was annoying enough. I think it's a slap in the face to the ones who travel 300 days a year city to city entertaining the fans and putting their bodies on the line. I wish I could hear what the guys in the back REALLY felt about that. I bet it would be just as I feel.

One more thing about the Rock.........................you can truly tell who the true fans of the business are when this topic comes up. Yes, I was a big Rock fan in the Attitude Era as well but come on people. If your primary reason for wanting the Rock to main event a pay-per-view is because you think he is sexy..........you need a cold shower and a mate, not to be commenting on wrestling. SMH.

My prediction to win the Rumble match is John Cena. He had a crappy 2012 so he is due for something big. Close but no cigar will probably be Randy Orton. Kofi is sure to make a good showing with a few high flying stunts which I am looking forward to.

One last thing, I HATE the Shield angle. Between them and Aces and Eights in TNA they give factions a bad name. How is jumping anyone a justice when you are about injustice? #makesnosense. If they interfere in the Rumble match, I'll be throwing my fuzzy sock at the screen.

Thanks for reading! Happy Rumble Day!
Terri

No comments:

Post a Comment