Thursday, October 11, 2012

Wrestling Obscurity: The Un-Americans

I'm pretty good at remembering things about wrestling. Wrestlers, storylines, gimmicks, etc. But this entry and the last entry, have me scratching my head. Because I don't remember this group at all. I know the individuals. Christian, Lance Storm, Test, and William Regal. But them as a stable? I can't remember at all. But as the name of the group suggests they were Anti-Amercians. Which helps when you have 3 Canadians, and 1 Brit in your stable. The year was 2002 when the Un-Americans were around. Which sounds a little dangerous to have an Anti American stable around less than year after 9/11. But WWE did it anyway and surprisingly enough Lance and Christian were tag champs. They had a feud with Golddust and Booker T, and had a championship match at SummerSlam 2002.  The group also attempted to burn the American flag, on more than 1 occasion...Did I mention that this took place less than a year after 9/11? Not long after SummerSlam, the group disbanded after lossing the tag team titles. The individuals of this group, have defintely made an impact in wrestling, but as a stable? The Un-Americans didn't leave much of an impact and have faded into obscurity.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Un-Americans

No comments:

Post a Comment