Thursday, July 17, 2014

Sting Vs. Undertaker at Wrestlemania 31...?

It has been rumored for awhile that Sting would take on the Undertaker at a WM at some point in time. Now I'm not sure if this was ever based on any kind of fact or not. It seems that it was a dream match that people wanted to see. Now with the announcement of Sting being in WWE 2K15, it seems that dream match may come true. I just saw it mentioned on facebook yesterday. But I gotta be honest. I don't really want that to happen, if it was 2002...maybe. But it is not.
I'm not sure why Sting would want to have a match with Undertaker in the first place. Maybe he wants his WM moment? Maybe he wants one more match so he can go out on top...? I don't know. But let's think about this. By the time WM 31 gets here. Both men will be in their 50s. I wouldn't expect much from either wrestler. Can they still go? Sure. Will it be the best match in WM history? I doubt it. And there wouldn't be anything on the line. The streak is over(ugh), there is no title defense, and the build up would be short because Taker doesn't come around until a month before WM.
It just reminds me of other matches like Hogan vs. Warrior II or Lesnar vs. Goldberg. They sound good on paper, but they couldn't live up to the hype.

No comments:

Post a Comment