Monday, July 28, 2014

The Rise and Fall of TNA....???

If you're reading this then you may have heard that Spike TV has severed ties with TNA wrestling. Which means that Impact wrestling will no longer be on TV later this year.  This unfortunately  could be the final nail in the coffin of TNA wrestling. But, not all hope is lost. I only say that because it is very possible that TNA could get another TV contract deal.  I don't know what TV channel would want to pick up TNA. MTV or MTV2. But Spike, MTV, and MTV2 are all owned by Viacom. So TNA may have a harder time getting another TV deal than I originally thought.
Why did I title this article "The rise and fall of TNA"? Well this situation reminds me of what happened to the original ECW. For those who don't know, ECW was on a network called TNN. TNN canceled ECW and shortly there after ECW folded. TNN is now known as Spike TV. Yea....hopefully history doesn't repeat itself.

No comments:

Post a Comment