Monday, June 23, 2014

ROH Best in the World 2014

I don't know how long it's been since I've blogged about ROH.  Unfortunately it's not on in the state that I live, but with PPV all things are possible. And this was ROH first ever live PPV on TV. How did it stack up? Extremely well. ROH delievers something that the other two companies do not. What is that? Innovation. I don't mean innovation as far as storylines. I mean innovation inside the ring.  If you've been watching wrestling for decades like myself. You want to see something different, something new, something fresh. This PPV didn't waste your time with filler or a lot of talking. There was a short interview with a new talent that they signed, but that was it.
I guess I haven't talked about the matches, well if you hadn't already figured it out. I enjoyed all the matches. Some were better than others, but as far as picking a favorite match. I'm not sure I could pick just one. Maybe the first one, but then again the main event was very good, and so was Steen vs. Sailas Young. So I can't pick my favorite match of the night. You would have to see the PPV to judge for yourself.
My favorite moment of the night was when Cedric Alexander was back body dropped into the edge of the ring.  Wow, just f*cking...wow!!
The only complaint I have would be the weird camera angles. It seems like they focused a little too close to the wrestlers at times. I think that got better as the show went on, but it was still a little distracting.
My grade for the PPV A- and I can't wait for the next ROH PPV.

No comments:

Post a Comment