Monday, August 19, 2013

A real WWE Summerslam review

Time for a REAL review of last night's Summerslam PPV.  I think the PPV started off slow. The inferno match wasn't all that great. It was kinda slow actually. I give the Wyatt Family credit for coming up with an idea of how to get past the ring of fire. But other than that the match was dull.

RVD vs. Dean Ambrose, The Shield interferenced. There's a shocker and Ambrose is still champion. Again I'm shocked and in awe. An average match at best.

Del Rio vs. Christan was really good. I didn't care for the outcome, but that's cause I wanted Christian to win, but that's what happens I guess.

Rhodes vs. Damien, was surprisingly well done. I don't give Cody enough credit when it comes to wrestling, but he can really do a great job more often than not. I was surprised he won, but it won't be the last match between these two. They will probably put the MITB breifcase up for grabs; maybe a ladder match...?

Brie vs. Natalya, despite what the crowd said the match wasn't bad, but it had no real good story behind it. Brie slapped Natalya, Natyala slapped Brie and that is it. No title, no stipulation, no emotional investment in the match and that's why it was "boring."

CM Punk vs. Brock Lesnar. One word; WOW. Match of the year? It's got my vote. But you know what was odd about this match. Even though the match was no DQ. They really didn't use a lot of weapons. I guess they didn't have to, but it wasn't until the last 1/3 of the match a chair was introduced. No kindo stick, no tables, hell they didn't even break the announce table English or Spainsh. Not a complaint, just struck me as a little strange.

Aj/Big E vs. Dolph Ziggler/Katyln. Another average match, at best. I'm not all that intrested in AJ's revenge against Dolph thing, so this match was just average. And it didn't help that this match followed Lesnar vs. Punk. I mean how do you top that?? Which brings us to the main event.

Daniel Bryan vs. John Cena. Great match; I was really expecting a lot from this match and I got it. Very good match, and maybe a contender for match of the year. I was surprised that DB won, I just was expecting that. I was happy that it happend, but then the night took a turn.

D Bryan vs. Randy Orton. WTF?!?! I'm really confused about Randy and Triple H's relationship. I know they were part of Evolution, but that was like 7-8 years ago. I mean....what? why? I can't find the words. But that does make me want to watch RAW tonight. It can't get here soon enough. It should be exciting.

Overall the PPV was great. There were a few matches that were average, but the alot of good to great matches. An excellent main event, and an ending that people will be talking about for a while.
Summerslam, I give it a grade of A.

No comments:

Post a Comment