Monday, June 17, 2013

WWE Payback review

I'm glad that I didn't make predictions for this PPV. I would have gotten have of it wrong. But I do enjoy it when a title(s) change hands at a PPV. I didn't think this would be much of a PPV, except for 1 match. But I was wrong. I was shaking my head and confused as all hell after the first 3 matches. Curtis Axiel and AJ Lee champions??? I didn't see that coming AT ALL. I was shocked and in awe. Axiel, IC champion...? Already?
How long has he been Curtis Axiel...a month? That is a hell of a push.
No surprise that the Shield won all their matches. And no surprise that John Cena won his match. I was surprised at how poorly constructed an ambulance can be. What was holding that thing together? Chewing gum?
One last thing, I gotta give love to the audience in Chicago. They are rowdy as hell. Back in the day it used to be Philadelphia that had the most passionate wrestling fans in the United States. Not sure, but I think that title belongs to Chicago now.

Worst match of the night: Kane vs. Dean Ambrose.
Best Match of the night: Jericho vs. Punk (nomination best match of year)
Overall I'd grade the PPV a solid B

No comments:

Post a Comment