Monday, August 22, 2016

2016 NXT Takeover and SummerSlam review

Let's rewind the clock and look back at the 2 big PPVs over the weekend. First Takeover, was very good show from beginning to the end. I wasn't looking forward to No Way Jose vs. Austin Ares. Why?
I don't like dancing gimmicks, and if Jose won, I would've been mad!!!! But he didn't, which was great and even better than that Hideo came out and did the GTS...what?!?! I guess WWE is letting him do that now, which is awesome. The women's matches were good, a few botches here and there, but overall good/great matches. The tag team and main event were possibly the best matches of the night. I do wish more than one title changed hands, but I guess that will happen another time. NXT Takeover grade? B+

SummerSlam this year was LONG, not necessarily in a bad way, just something to get used to I guess.
This was a really strong card and was delivering some good, entertaining matches. The order seemed weird to me. I guess Brock/Orton would be the main event...it was advertised the most so that makes since.
But I wasn't sure why Roman/Rusev was 2nd to the main event. Especially the way both matches went down. As I stated, the PPV was really good, with good strong/entertaining matches....and then the last 2 matches ended in a no contest and stoppage....That's not a good way to end the PPV, just not at all.
Ok, Shane got F5ed (verb?). Is that going to lead to something? Even if it does, is Shane REALLY going to beat Brock in a match? I don't think so.
I would've given SummerSlam a grade of "A" but those last 2 matches really ruined it for me. Oh and before I forget. The Universal Champion belt..? I knew they weren't going to have a new design. It looks like the Women's belt, which looks like the WWE belt. So people, may call the Universal belt ugly, but really it's just lazy. Copy/Paste, There. There's your "new" belt.
So with the last 2 matches being less than desirable, I'm going to have to give SummerSlam a grade of "B-"
   

No comments:

Post a Comment