Monday, April 4, 2011

Wresltemania 27

I normally do a run down of PPV, but I'm not going to do that this time. I'm just going to give you my overall thoughts and complaints about the PPV.
First off; the order of the matches.
The World Heavyweight Championship match was first on the card??!?! I'm still in shock over that. And the "Snooki" match was second to last of the card. Again I'm in shock and awe. Shouldn't those 2 matches have been switched around??
2. No US title match!?!?.
Daniel Bryan is arguably the best wrestler in the company and his match was scrapped? Why? For a battle royal dark match? Does this makes sense to anyone else? Not to mention the title changed hands. Yea. Ladies and Gentlemen your new U.S. Champion The Great Khali...OMG
3. No real effort;
What I mean by this is that most of the matches didn't feel like WM quality and the wrestling seemed for lack of a better word lazy, not much high flying, no innovation or creativity. No real effort was put in except for a few matches which is coming up next.
4. Best matches of the night
CM punk vs. Randy Orton and The Corre vs. Santino, Kane, Big Show, Kofi and HHH vs. Undertaker.
Some will disagree with me I'm sure, but to me these were the best because it felt like these guys were trying to put on a show and give the people what they wanted. Granted the 8man tag lasted 2 minutes, but it was fast paced and had some high flying which I'm biased toward and I think that if they did it right and were given enough time that match COULD HAVE stolen the show.

Overall WM 27 was just alight....but it shouldn't be alright. It should be memorable. In 5 years we should look back and think it was great, but I don't think that is going to happen. Besides Snooki (ugh), the streak and...the host(maybe) what will you remember in 5 years? Not much.

No comments:

Post a Comment