Monday, April 18, 2011

TNA Fan interaction and Lockdown 2011

Over the weekend I had a chance to attend the TNA fan interaction and Lockdown PPV (3rd row). My girlfriend and I will be posting vids and pics from the events. Overall it was a great experience. We were able to meet/see a lot of wrestlers, knockouts, commentators and referees. The talent was very nice and easy to talk, at least the people that I got a chance to meet. With that said, Pope and Eric Young both are eccentric and way over the top. Both of them were having fun, possibly too much fun.

Now on to the PPV. I'll present my cons, pros and my overall thoughts about the PPV.
Cons:
1. Eric Bischoff. My God...why did he come out? To kill time? Yes that's the answer at least I think so. He wasted time. Time that could have been put into matches. The TNA title and the Knockout title match could have been given 5 more min, if Eric didn't come out and talk. As soon as he was done. I had a feeling that 1 of the matches would be short. Which brings me to #2

2. TNA Knockout title match was too short. It took Madison Rayne more time to get down to the ring, take her gloves, belt, and tiara off. Than it took Mickey to beat her. Which made no sense. Madison has had the belt since October!! She has beaten Micky more than once and has beaten other knockouts. And is defeated in less than 2 minutes?!? Bullshit I say, bullshit.

3. Rosita and Serena on the mic. Again another segment that was just to kill time. It served no real purpose and probably won't amount to anything. Moving on.

4. No pyro. Not really a big deal, I'm just nit-picking now :-P

Pros:
1. Good matches. All the matches were good matches, fast paced, good timing, and spots, with very few botches. It actually felt like TNA meant Total Non-stop Action (imagine that).


Conclusion:
I know that I have more cons than pros, but I really enjoyed the show, it felt like a good solid PPV. It had a good quality of matches and wrestling. I spent money and drove 3 hours to see a wrestling show. I'll say that again, A WRESTLING SHOW. And that is exactly what I got. Sure some things were bad or stupid, but that's wrestling for ya. That comes with the package. Overall very good, and if TNA can produce this kind of product on a regular basis then they're heading in the right direction

No comments:

Post a Comment