Monday, June 19, 2017

WWE MITB review....i.e. Really?!?

I don't know where to begin with this one. This is usually one of my favorite PPVs of the year. But this year...? This year...? My God, what was that? The ending of the very first female WWE ladder match ended like that? Really? Why? WTF?
Let me calm down here and talk about the positives. First, there were some matches that were pretty good and entertaining. The tag team championship match was pretty good. So was the main event MITB match....and that's really all the positives I can think of.
The Jinder/Orton match was exactly the same match they had last PPV.  The only difference was the incorporation of Cowboy Bob Orton. But other than that, it was the exact same finish....WTH.
The women's championship match was ok. I expected more from Lana. She did ok, but I was not overly impressed with her.
Also, is the Ascension ever gonna get a push? And, no titles changed hands...ugh. And did I mention the ending of the female MITB match...?  I did? Well it bares repeating!!! That ending was just awful for so many reasons. The main reason(I think) is because it was really a good match up until the end. The women used the ladders effectively. Most of them had good spots to show off their athleticism. It was headed toward history making in a good way. But the ending tarnished ALL of that in less than a minute! It was sad, just sad. And it was lazy creatively, not by the wrestlers who put in the work. But the writers/bookers who thought this was a good idea. Unless their idea was to make people upset and angry. If so, mission accomplished.

No comments:

Post a Comment